Monday, July 7, 2008

Back in Hawaii...

After the long flight home I was picked up by my family, dad, grandma and grandpa. I was shocked when I saw grandpa, first time I have ever seen him wear shorts. Boy, I wish I would have gotten a picture of that! He didn't look to bad either. He has very white legs though. Well, it's good to be home. The nice thing is that the day I came home I got to see alot of people. Grant (from bikeworks) was having a little get to gether and we were invited. I was so happy to see everyone. Bree Wee was there with you son and husband, Linda and her son from Switzerland, Linda Jane, Luis D, and just many other people. There was a celebration of several birthdays and the food was magnificant. I had a fun time, out there on the beach and just chilin with everyone... thanks for the invite. It was great seeing everyone again and good luck Grant on your upcoming race. Best wishes for you Bree in Canada, kick butt!

Today - got up early and back into a regular training. I went to Masters and went swimming. Wow, it's been a while and it's nice to have people to swim with or a big group to swim with. Back in Illinios I swam with my uncle - training buddy!! I didn't really get to train as much as I would have liked to train more with him but I guess there is always a next time. It was fun.
Alright, lets see. I beleive we have 3 MONTHS until the BIG RACE! the IRONMAN, WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!! It's time to get training, and working hard! All of you competiters out there I wish you the best and be safe.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Hey, you're back. It seemed like you were gone for a long time. Daniel's doing well at boot camp but Josh was injured and held back from the Sept. 5th graduation. Dan and Issac are in the same platoon.
Have a good day. Glad you're home.
Karen

:) said...

Glad you had a good vacation...NOW GET TO WORK!!! ;)

Karen said...

Good morning Ariel,
You probably won't get this before you come over this morning, but if you do, I can't go riding with you today. I have to work. :(

Randy won't be here either this morning. He has to run the car into the shop.

My phone number is the same as Daniels except the last number is
0. Let me know if you don't have his number anymore.

Talk to you later,
Karen

Randy said...

Hey, welcome back Ariel.

BreeWee said...

yeah, get to work! ha ha!