Friday, August 15, 2008

how many weeks left - ?

Life has a role. It has a system. You are born, people love you. You are just the cutest thing anyone has ever seen. Middle school you gain responsibility that you think is too much to handle. Highschool... give me all you got. I can do it on my own. 18 - you either live with you your parents for a while and expect the world of them because you are scared and lost and can admit it or you move out trying to be independent and responsible. Wanting to show them you can make it and don't need help, you are scared and lost but to admit such a thing would be stupid or childish. I moved out - got my stuff and moved in with a room mate. Trying to juggle work, college, and training is not easy. I took a glance and jumped because I believe I could go the distance. I am barely landing on solid ground and I'm scrambling to do what needs to be done. It's an adventure. I even loose track on the days that are left till this race. There is alot going on at this point in life for anyone. No matter what. Staying home, moving out, or just trying to stay on the right path. I just want to thank my coach, parents and everyone out there that has helped me and conitnue to help me. As much as I hate to say it, I can use all the help in the world. Anything would make me happy. Less than 9 weeks I believe, to the Ironman. - It's all in the mind -(that's what i hear) but it's also in your heart. - Things will go the way they are supposed to.

I love you guys and thanks for the support.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Ariel,
you've been in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all is going well for you. let me know if you need anything. :)
I'm glad you're still training. We haven't seen you out there at all so we were wondering...
Anyway, have a great day and know that there are people (including me) that care about you.

Anonymous said...

I am 46 years old and I am scared too. I have not stopped leaning on others and never plan to. Trying to do it all yourself is not what it is cracked up to be.

You can lean on me and I will help you get to the start of IM and cheer you to the finish. You can also lean on me or Dena for anything else and we will listen not judge.

Call me we will go train and catch up. I am in the book.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

hi there,

nice to see ya writing new blogs - people are asking about ya and this is a good way for you to let us see what this young lady is up to -- great job - glad to hear that you are training - working - schooling - (you got a lot on you plate, but I know you can do it all - and there are lots of folks that will be glad to listen - help - or even give ideas on some items you may have questions on - loved seeing you the other day - you left your shoes on the door step by the way - and if you ever want to the door is always open - we would love to have you, but also realize you need some of your time to -

love ya

daddy

Anonymous said...

I am so touched by the maturity in this blog posting.....it does not at all sound like a girl who is just 18....I see so many parallels between growing up, becoming independent, AND doing your first IM.....they are all examples of having the courage to take risks on unblazed paths' and not knowing the outcomes.....this is all the stuff that shows us who we are. I don't know you very well, but your name has come up in care and concern of which I don't know much about either; but what I do know is that you are going to be OK no matter what....seems many have your back here. As my good friend oft tells me; "good things happen to good people." March on Ariel. Jennifer Nottage (one time IM finisher)PS.......asking for help is yet another example of courage and maturity