Tuesday, September 2, 2008

good morning athletes..america...readers...

Yes, this morning a short workout out but tough. Afterwards, I obviously took a shower and well on my way to school i went to McDonalds... not healthy or good but the apple pies are ok, and on my way in there was a pregnant lady standing out side asking for spear change to buy breakfast with. Me, I felt really bad but i remember my dad talking about people like that and how they are sometimes just doing for drugs or dont really even need the money. Just making more than the average person that actually works. So, sadly i told her, "No, I'm sorry. I don't have spear change." While i was inside i thought apple pies are 2 for a doller. So, I bought 4 apple pies. One for me and the other three for her - she said she was hungry. I gave them to her as i walked out and she said " thankyou, thankyou, godbless you." As I got into my car i was watching to see what she would do - she walked straight to the trash can and through them away. I'm glad i didnt give her a 5 doller bill. It's really sad when people like that are out there. It makes it hard to help them when you don't really know if you are being robbed or being a helpful citizen to someone in need. My day has just begone - 10 a.m. - i hope i don't see her up there after my first class. It's amazing what people will do to make money - lower themselves to a homeless status.

oh well, its a choice i guess. We all have a choice in what we do, i just hope its for the better.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's alive! I had not seen or heard from you in weeks. I will be running on Alii Tuesday and Thursday am starting next week at 7:30. Come and join me, I start from Honl's which is that new parking/restroom at mile 1-ish. We are currently in Arkansas for Dena's dad's funeral.

Don't be a stranger.

Jimmy

ariel said...

hey, sry i have not called you, i was planning on coming to church sunday but i realized i started work a little earlier than what i had time for to do my training that day. but i hope everything is ok. safe travels, sorry for the loss. tell them i said hi and take it easy. ... i got the message bout the running ... where is that at??

Anonymous said...

Honl's is a just a little past the Peaman 2 mile turn around that goes past the hotel. If you are heading south on Alii go past the construction on makai, down the hill to where the small beach is. The parking is on the mauka side. Look for my truck around 7:30am.

Jimmy

Mary Eggers said...

Good for you for not giving her money and giving her the apple pies. That was a good move and it was sad to see she threw them away. The poor child she is carrying..... likely will be subjected to the same life she has.

Good move!

:-) Mary

Anonymous said...

hi ariel =)