Friday, June 6, 2008

The begining of a new life...

As of this Saturday I will be a graduate from Kealakehe Highschool. The world all of a sudden has grown bigger than what I can imagine. Many opportunities are being introduced to the young graduates of 2008. Two of my good friends, Daniel and Isaac, are being shipped off to the Marines boot camp Sunday morning. Brian, and many others are going to college. Steph is going to an Airforce Academy. All my friends, I wish you good luck in the career paths that you have chosen and yet to choose. I thank you for being there when things got tough and when life goes right. Thank you, cheers.

Meanwhile, I'll be here in Kona for the upcoming event, the Ford World Championship Ironman. Tj. Foster and I competed in the Honu half ironman May 31st, and we both qualified as Big Island residents. Yea! So I'm looking forward to a lot of training and I hope Tj. is to. Long rides to Hawi and running up and down Ali'i drive will be fun. So, good luck Tj., its time to start training!!

Mahalo to all the people that helped me through the Honu. Special thanks to Bree Wee, Belinda Herd, Coach Eddie Herd, Steve and the Masters, Eric and Karlyn, Cycle Station, Jimmy Beach and the Family, My Dad and Mom and Sister Jessica, and EVERYONE who helped the racers out in the Honu.

... its only the beginning

4 comments:

:) said...

Wow...good luck in the big event! Congrats on graduation :)

Karen said...

Hi Ariel,
Did you make it to the mainland okay? I like your blog. The pictures are great. Have fun visiting your relatives. We'll see you when you get home. :)

Maggs said...

Hi Ariel,

I stumbled on your blog...congrats on getting a Kona slot and graduating from High School! That rocks.

Do you friend Steph a favor and write her a letter and send it. Basic training at the Academy is tough (I went there). She'll totally appreciate. Send a letter to the guys in Marine Basic too (I'm sure it's harder than Air Force Academy Basic Training).

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!